County of Riverside Emergency Management Department Active Events
The County of Riverside Emergency Operations Center is currently activated to Management Watch.
August Storms -- North Shore
September 9, 2021 at 8 a.m.
ALL POWER IN THE NORTH SHORE/MECCA AREA HAS BEEN RESTORED. County of Riverside Emergency Management Department continues to work with county departments and other groups to support the community as they recover from this storm.
For updates and information on the power outage from Imperial Irrigation District, please go to Power Outage | Imperial Irrigation District (iid.com).
Riverside County Cool Centers can be found at: CAPRiverside.org/Cool-Centers
Tips for those affected by power outages:
For information on Cool or Warm Centers in Riverside County, a directory can be found here.
Apple/ElDorado Burn Scar (San Gorgonio Pass area)
September 9, 2021 at 8 a.m.:
Residents in and around the burn areas should remain vigilent and be prepared for possible evacuations with little to no warning. Stay informed on weather forecasts and ensure you, your family, friends and neighbors are ready for future weather events.
Sign up for Alert RivCo to ensure you receive notifications from public safety officials about evacuations. Click here for information on Alert RivCo and to enroll.
For information on preparing for mud and debris flows, please go to RivCoReady.org/StormReady
Map updated: August 11, 2021 at 8 a.m.
Southern California Edison Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)
When there are extreme and potentially dangerous weather conditions, power companies may need to call a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event. During these events, they will proactively turn off power in high fire risk areas to reduce the threat of wildfires. The County of Riverside does not control PSPS. For more information on PSPS, please visit the Southern California Edison website at https://www.sce.com/safety/wildfire/psps or call (800) 611-1911.
Maps and names of SCE circuits can be found on the Southern California Edison website, here.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1.
Get emergency information for your address via phone, mobile phone, email and text by registering for Alert RivCo.
CHECK LINKS BELOW FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION FROM OTHER DEPARTMENTS OR AGENCIES
** Check with individual cities for their current information.
- Avoid using candles or open flame for lighting
- Generators should be kept outside of any buildings and never operated indoors
- Refridgerated items may become unsafe after just a short period of time without power. Find food safety tips here.
- When it comes to food safety, remember "When in doubt, throw it out."
- NEVER go near a downed power line or damaged electrical equipment
- For information on evacuations in San Bernardino County areas of the Apple and El Dorado burn scars, click here.
- If you live in San Bernardino County and would like to receive emergency notifications, you can enroll in TENS here.